Let us talk about JAIIB passing marks criteria, passing marks, jaiib study materials and how to pass jaiib exam easily.
JAIIB & CAIIB are 2 flagship Course of Indian Institute of Banking and Finance commonly known as, an Institute for professional excellence in the field of banking and finance. JAIIB/CAIIB Exam is conducted twice in a year. The course is based on various acts, latest circular and current practices followed by banks. JAIIB aims at providing maximum level of basic knowledge in banking and financial systems, banking technology, customer relations, basic accountancy and legal aspects necessary for carrying out day to day banking operations whereas CAIIB aims at providing advanced knowledge necessary for better decision making covering risk, financial and general bank management.
Cracking these exams without preparation is tough task and it is fact that bankers do not get enough time to prepare for such exam that too serving duty for 10 hrs. Hence most of the candidates appear in such examinations with last minute preparation with fire fighting situation. However with a proper planning of study on routine basis such exam can easily be cracked.
Passing marks for JAIIB are 50% aggregate and 45% in each subject.
Simple steps to prepare for the JAIIB exam
1. Get the right Books
2. Know your syllabus
3. Make a strategy for studying
4. Practice and attempt some mock tests for JAIIB
Subject Wise Tips:
Principles and practices of banking
- Concentrate on Module A and Module D which can be easily understood.
- Module A will give you 20 marks approximately, simply go through my blog in which i covered the topics in a very lucid manner keeping in mind both JAIIB and CAIIB.
- In module A cover banking regulation, Retail Banking, Wholesale banking Mutual Funds–AMFI, CapitalMarkets–SEBI, insurance-IRDAI, Factoring&Forfaiting Services, Basel Norms for Banking
- In Module B read key concepts keeping in mind the important headings like Payment and Collection of Cheques, Bankers Rights, Banker Customer Relationship
Accounting and Finance
- Don’t read McMillan book line by line, just go through summary and MCQ’s.
It is the toughest of the three and hence need special attention and more time should be devoted for this paper.
- Learn to use calculator to solve complex problems with 9 to the power 60, soon I will update some techniques, keep following me.
Trick here is to prepare numericals because they are mostly of 2 marks as you might be knowing that Jaiib includes 0.5 marks, 1 marks and 2 marks questions.
- Start by numericals of Foreign Exchange topic as they are easier and direct. Ratio analysis, Double Entry system, Bond valuation are important topics.
- Follow youtube for each and every topic and prepare notes for every topic for ready reference.
- Be through with the formulas like present value, future value, NPV, bond valuation, sinking fund, current ratio, quick ratio, depreciation, annuities & EMI which I will be covering in my blog in near future.
Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Banking
- It is of medium difficulty level but is very lengthy and purely theoretical subject. Don’t read McMillan book line by line, just go through summary and MCQ’s.
- Module A is easy when compared to remaining – Min 10 marks from this module.
- Module C and D deals with various acts, simple to understand and important acts are partnership act, consumer protection act, banking ombudsman, SARFESI Act.
Follow the workbook one of the best available in the market: JAIIB Practice Work Book
Finally, take up the exam seriously have a daily routine of spending 1 hour per day. you can clear the exam with ease. All the best and Cheeeeeeers.
For instant updates and materials do join my
Telegram group: https://t.me/joinchat/H6vJMQ23RR_yNKT8rivC7A
Get JAIIB books at best price use promocode jaiibadda-21 to get 10% off for first 50 customers only: