The marketing function of a business entity includes many activities which includes the process of planning and executing the conception, pricing, promotion and distribution of ideas, goods and services, to create exchanges that satisfy individual and organizational objectives and systematic management of the process of collecting, evaluating and disseminating market information.
A marketing information system(MKIS) is an interacting, continuing future-oriented structure of people, equipment and procedures designed to generate and process an information flow, in order to aid managerial decision-making in a company’s marketing programme. In a nutshell, its main purpose is to satisfy customers, wants and needs, at a profit.
Functions of Marketing Information System (MKIS ):
- Collecting & Assembling of Data,
- Processing of data,
- Storage of Data,
- Dissemination of information.
Features of MIS – The basic features of an effective MIS include:
- To have a master plan for a continuously operating information flow,
- Proper coordination between various functional departments and specialists
- Future orientation to anticipate and prevent marketing problems.
Basic requirements of a good MIS:
- Unified and centralized system,
- Support system to marketing decision makers,
- matching with the level of progress of the organization,
- cost effective,
- selective in information processing,
- providing information regularly and promptly
The MKIS Model: The MKIS makes it possible for a firm to react rapidly to the customer needs. The Marketing Manager uses it for modifying and improving the products. MKIS model helps the manager to take decisions on whether to continue the Market with the same product or with improved quality. In order to compete in the market,Organizations need to have MKIS in their organizations.
Advantages of MKIS:
- MKIS enables systematic collection of data, analysis and storage and retrieval of information.
- Enables data capture process, checks for reliability, consistency and quality of data
- Enable quick decision making process
- Provides tailor made information for specific needs
- Repetitive use of same information for different purpose
- Enables sorting out the desired information
- Helps integrating information obtained from various sources
- Helps developing and delivering customer-oriented offers and maintaining good customer relations.
- Makes information available where it is required in readily useable form.
Examples of Marketing Information System Software:
One of the famous marketing software based on cloud service is salesforce. You can use this software for:
- customer relationship management.
- manage email, website, mobile, and social media marketing.
- and so on
Zoho is focus on Customer Relationship Management and can perform marketing activities automation. There are many features that can be implemented in your company in terms of marketing activities.